Limitless, the global master development arm of Dubai World, will unveil details of its US$12 billion, 1400 hectare Al Wasl project at the Saudi Travel and Tourism Investment Market (STTIM), on in Riyadh from 24 March.
Limitless – a strategic sponsor of STTIM 2008 – will showcase a 25 square metre model of Al Wasl masterplan, which includes 60,000 homes for 200,000 people. There will also be offices, hotels, mosques, health and educational facilities, shopping malls, sports amenities and more than 300 hectares of green, open space.
Saeed Ahmed Saeed, CEO of Limitless, said: “In delivering Al Wasl, Limitless will apply its key strengths of creating distinctive, large-scale, balanced projects. Al Wasl, meaning ‘connection’, will bring together a tailor-made development that preserves traditional Saudi culture and a sustainable, modern community that will create some 50,000 jobs.”
Al Wasl is the first of several projects in the pipeline for Limitless in Saudi Arabia, where a population explosion is creating a need for 50,000 new homes each year. The project includes:
• 60,000 homes – a mixuture of villas, townhouses and apartments
• 300 hectares of green, open, communal space
• one million square metres of office space
• over 50 mosques, including seven grand mosques
• 270,000 square metres of retail facilities spread over seven shopping centres
• schools, a university and a hospital
• an environmentally-friendly internal transit system
Media enquiries: Rebecca Rees on +971 4 375 9733 or Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org