Limitless, the global master development arm of Dubai World, will unveil details of its SR45 billion (US$12 billion), 1411 hectare Al Wasl project at the Saudi Travel and Tourism Investment Market (STTIM), on in Riyadh from 24 March.
Limitless – a strategic sponsor of STTIM 2008 – will showcase a 25 sqm model of the Al Wasl masterplan, which includes 55,000 homes for 200,000 people; offices; hotels; mosques; health and educational facilities; shopping malls, sports amenities and over 300 hectares of green, open space.
Saeed Ahmed Saeed, CEO of Limitless, said: “In delivering Al Wasl, Limitless will apply its key strengths of creating distinctive, large-scale, balanced projects. Al Wasl, meaning ‘connection’, will bring together a tailor-made development that preserves traditional Saudi culture and a sustainable, modern community that will create some 50,000 jobs.”
Al Wasl is the first of several projects in the pipeline for Limitless in Saudi Arabia, where 50,000 new homes are needed each year. The project plan includes:
• 55,000 homes – a mixture of villas, townhouses and apartments
• 300 hectares of green, open, communal space
• 55 mosques, including seven grand mosques
• eight shopping complexes, including world class malls
• several five star hotels, with conference facilities
• top-flight office facilities
• state of the art sports amenities
• schools, a university and a hospital
• an environmentally-friendly internal transit system
Media enquiries: Rebecca Rees on +971 4 375 9733 or Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org